The view from the balcony was beyond everything I have seen… C. S. Lewis, Lynton - August 1925
Terms & Conditions
1. Lynton Cottage, is a private Guest House. The management reserve the right to refuse Guests who have not booked in advance. We also reserve the right to refuse entry to any persons in an unfit state to be received, or who appear to be unwilling or unable to pay the tariff.
2. Check in time is Monday to Friday from 3pm until 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 3pm - 7pm.
Checkout time is by 10am.
3. Payment & Deposit
Self Catering tariff - A 30% non-refundable deposit per Apartment is required at time of booking. Balance payment is due 42 days (6 eweeks) before arrival. This is then non-refundable.
We accept most major debit cards, credit cards or cash, but there is a 2% charge for credit cards. We do not accept Amercian Express, Diners or cheques. We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit or debit cards for the whole cost of the stay, and to refuse the booking if the Bank declines the transaction.
4. Cancellation Policy.
Self Catering - Once the deposit and Balance payments have been made, these are non-refundable. Guests are advised to take out Holiday Insurance to cover against sickness etc, with such organisations as The Post Office.
5. No Smoking - This is a strictly No Smoking establishment, in line with UK government legislation. We reserve the right to charge Guests the total cost of any losses incurred, to return the premises to their previous condition. We may terminate a booking, in the event of non-co operation by Guests on this matter. Smoking is permitted in the Gardens or at either end of the Car Park. Neither is Smoking permitted on the Balconies or Terraces. These House Rules are also applicable to "vaping"
6. Pets. - We have a Strict no pets policy
7. Children - Children are welcome in designated Apartments. There may be an additional charge. See Apartment details or enquire by email.
8. Under 21 - We do not accept couples under the age of 21.
9. Group Bookings are welcome. Please email or telephone direct to discuss your requirements. We do not accept Stag or Hen parties, or large Wedding parties.
10. Room type - . Our Guest Accommodation offers a variety of Apartments, so that Guests may choose the most appropriate facilities for their comfort. However, we reserve the right to allocate a different Apartment, of similar style and price, in circumstances beyond our control.
11. Guest Classification - We seek to exceed the standards required for 4 star Guest Accommodation, as defined by the major Tourist Agencies. This is SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION. Self check in. We do not provide room service or a Reception. As a Country House style accommodation, our policy is to operate a quiet, relaxed and informal establishment. Persons wishing to party until late or play loud music, should seek alternative arrangements. Lynton Cottage has a zero tolerance policy towards any persons who cause a nuisance to other Guests.
12. Deliveries to Site - We do not permit Supermarket deliveries to site. There is a high risk of disruption and inconvenience to other Guests. The layout of the building is not conducive for drivers unfamilar with the site to make unsupervised deliveries. There are two mini supermarkets in the village. Londis & Costcutter. Also a butcher and a delicatessen. All are within an easy walk of our building.