The view from the balcony was beyond everything I have seen… C. S. Lewis, Lynton - August 1925
Terms & Conditions
1. Lynton Cottage, is a private Guest House. The management reserve the right to refuse Guests who have not booked in advance. We also reserve the right to refuse entry to any persons in an unfit state to be received, or who appear to be unwilling or unable to pay the tariff.
2. Check in time is from 3pm until 9pm. (After 9pm only by prior consent). Checkout time is by 11.00am.The Reception is staffed from 9am - 5pm Monday to Saturday, and 9am - 11am on Sunday. If you wish to check out before 9am, please settle your account the evening before.
3. Payment & Deposit
B&B Tariff - A £75 non-refundable deposit, per room to be occupied is required at time of booking.Balance payment due at check out.
Self Catering tariff - A 30% non-refundable deposit per Apartment is required at time of booking. Balance payment is due 42 days (6 eweeks) before arrival. This is then non-refundable.
We accept most major debit cards, credit cards or cash, but there is a 2% charge for credit cards. We do not accept Amercian Express, Diners or cheques. We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit or debit cards for the whole cost of the stay, and to refuse the booking if the Bank declines the transaction.
4. Cancellation Policy.
B&B - If the booking is cancelled before 14 days of arrival, no fee will be charged, excepting the deposit.If cancelled within seven days of arrival or in the case of a No Show, 100% of the whole cost of stay will be charged. Between 8 to 14 days of arrival, 80% of the cost of the whole stay will be charged, if the room cannot be relet.
Self Catering - Once the deposit and Balance payments have been made, these are non-refundable. Guests are advised to take out Holiday Insurance to cover against sickness etc, with such organisations as The Post Office.
From check in at Reception, the whole cost of the stay becomes due, and no deductions will be made if the room is refused, or the length of stay reduced.
5. No Smoking - This is a strictly No Smoking establishment, in line with UK government legislation. We reserve the right to charge Guests the total cost of any losses incurred, to return the premises to their previous condition. We may terminate a booking, in the event of non-co operation by Guests on this matter. Smoking is permitted in the Grounds, but must be at least 15 metres away from windows and doors, where smoke or the smell of tobacco may otherwise enter the Building. Neither is Smoking permitted on the Balconies or Terraces. These House Rules are also applicable to "vaping"
6. Pets. - We do not accept pets
7. Children - Children are welcome, but family rooms must be booked. There is no charge for children up to 12 months old sharing the same bed as parents, but this is only permitted in certain rooms.
8. Under 21 - We do not accept couples under the age of 21.
9. Group Bookings are welcome. Please email or telephone direct to discuss your requirements. We do not accept Stag or Hen parties, or large Wedding parties.
10. Room type - . Our Guest Accommodation offers a variety of rooms, so that Guests may choose the most appropriate facilities for their comfort. However, we reserve the right to allocate a different room or Apartment, of similar style and price, in circumstances beyond our control.
11. Guest Classification - We seek to exceed the standards required for 4 star Guest Accommodation, as defined by the major Tourist Agencies. We do not provide room service, nor operate a 24 hour reception. As a Country House style accommodation, our policy is to operate a quiet, relaxed and informal establishment. Persons wishing to party until late or play loud music, should seek alternative arrangements. Lynton Cottage has a zero tolerance policy towards any persons who cause a nuisance to other Guests.